Welcome to the DFO World Wiki. With many major updates since the release of DFO, many items are missing. Visit Item Database Project to learn more.
Please remember to click "show preview" before saving the page.
This is a global reminder to cite and attribute your sources; credit translators any time you're copying from a source which you didn't translate yourself, e.g. DnF Central. -Tessa (talk)
|Specialized Weapon||Prefers Rod, Staff, but can use Spear, Pole|
|Specialized Armor||Cloth Armor|
Japanese: メイジ (Meiji, lit. Mage)
|“||I'm not afraid of death... are you?||”|
|“||Who needs a heart when you have the limitless power of the Abyss?||”|
"Who needs a heart when you have the limitless power of the Abyss?"
While the main group of Mages in Brooklyn, Pandemonium flourished in their advancement of magic, an outcast group of Mages in the Bronx tried to create their own style of magic. But theirs was a dark, twisted magic that was difficult to control, and so the dark Mages from the Bronx were treated as inferior.
But then an event transpired that would change all of that. The High Mage Moah, from Kashipa, discovered the existence of the Abyss during her Dark Magic Research...
The Abyss was a source of energy and life, unlike anything seen before, and it began to appear in random places across Pandemonium. Moah discovered that one could obtain great magical prowess, by replacing parts of one's body with the Abyss, but the chances of success were terribly low, and there wasn't enough time or test subjects to assess the side effects.
For many, the lure of power beckoned more loudly than the fear of the untested, and so many attempted the procedure. Some lost their lives, others lost their magic, but a precious few were reborn with the unlimited power of the Abyss.
This newfound power tipped the political balance, and the Kashipa influence seeped towards the inlands of Brooklyn. The First Pandemonium Assembly was formed in response, and in their research, they discovered the Chaser, the most sophisticated combat style of all magical academies.
The magical styles born of the Abyss where many as well, and they included the Elemental Bomber, Cross Counter, Glacial Master, Challenger, Swift Master, Spiritist, Mind Controller, Hollow Hollows, Graviton, Unsummoner, and countless others. These are the entities of the Male Mage.
The Male Mage is a young mage that originally came from Pandemonium. Pulled by the lure of infinite power, the mage chose to undergo the dangerous process of replacing a part of himself with the Abyss. The end result is gaining massive magical abilities and receiving Immortality.
- Close combat related stats--HP, Strength, Moving Speed, etc--are fairly low.
- Due to low physical defense and low stats, careless play will often result in death.
- Possesses the power of Immortality, acting as a sort of Auto-Revive, while rapidly regenerating HP. In short, it makes it very hard to truly die in Normal dungeons.
- Certain attacks can be evaded easier than the other characters due to having a small hit box from being short.
- Normal melee combo goes up to 4. Unlike its Female counterpart, the Male Mage attacks using ranged orbs that deal magic damage.
- Magic related stats, however, is significantly superior to all other characters.
- Fitting to his name, the Elemental Bomber overwhelms the opposition with bombardments of elemental attacks. He can shift the element of his basic orb attacks ( Elemental Shift), giving them additional properties and adding extra gusto in every shot. With the destructive elemental magic he wields he can conjure chains of lightning ( Chain Lightning), hails of ice ( Crystal Storm), and can finish it all off with a literal storm of Elemental Orbs ( Elemental Rain). The Elemental Bomber is ideal for those who enjoy blasting mobs with large bursts of elemental magic.
- A master of Ice magic, the Glacial Master can conjure a large variety of frozen weapons and wield them with great efficiency. He has a versatile playstyle, able to go from toe-to-toe with foes with conjured melee weapons (such as Ice Sword and Ice Lance), to hurling frozen projectiles from great distances ( Grand Shatter), as well as summoning Blizzard Storms around himself. He boasts higher defense than the Elemental Bomber with his Glacial Master Leather Armor Mastery. He synergizes well with other classes capable of inflicting Freeze (Status). The Glacial Master is ideal for those who enjoy wielding glacial magic in a large variety of ways to shatter monsters.
How to Advance into a Subclass
The Male Mage must first reach level 15.
- Talk to Blue Guardian Vetala in Silver Crown.
- Clear the Ringwood Underground Penitentiary to advance as your desired subclass.
For help deciding on your character, the Class Comparison tables have side-by-side class and subclass comparisons.
Male Mage Skills
Male Mage TP Skills
General TP Skills
- The Male Mage is one of the four characters in the game to have his own theme song, the other two being Female Slayer, Knight and Demonic Lancer. His theme song is titled New Trial, sung by Girl's Day.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|