|Specialized Armor||Leather Armor|
|Class Information||Magic Skills: None |
Physical Skills: Percent Damage
|Alternate Names||Shadow Dancer|
|Alternate Names||Korean: 나이트메어|
|Alternate Names||Grim Reaper|
|“||Your fate is already confined in her grasp.||”|
The Shadow Dancer is the fourth subclass for the Thief. According to the character selection screen: "A master of stealth, the Shadow Dancer sneaks up on enemies and delivers fatal damage without ever being seen." and notes that the Shadow Dancer:
- Sneaks up on enemies to backstab them.
- Kills her enemies with powerful fatal blows.
- Weakens enemies to enhance the effect of her own skills.
- At level 50, the Shadow Dancer awakens as a Nightmare. At level 75, the Nightmare awakens as a Grim Reaper
- Her subclass cosmetic effect is a red glint in her eyes and a red outline and the same glint appearing on her shadow when she catches her weapon.
- Her 2nd awakening cosmetic feature adds to her idle animation where she becomes "stealthed" with black smoke fuming around her.
- 1 Becoming a Shadow Dancer
- 2 Awakening as a Nightmare
- 3 Awakening as a Grim Reaper
- 4 Skills
- 5 Original Class Skills
- 6 Shadow Dancer Basics
- 7 Media Content
- 8 Gallery
Becoming a Shadow Dancer
I won’t call my life of hiding in darkness
fate or destiny or make it
sound any nicer than it is.
I won’t say it’s beautiful like the primrose
that blooms at midnight.
We know ourselves best. Our hands are already stained in blood,
and our scars run deep from the burden of our sins.
But do not forget.
You are the ones who called for us.
You are the ones who created us.
Those who do not acknowledge their sins
will suffocate in their own karma.
We will watch from the shadows
and see how long you will remain in the light.
- Words from a nameless Shadow Dancer
The Thief must first reach level 15.
Awakening as a Nightmare
"On the morning after ‘Dairserk’s Birthday’, only death remained in the Banquet Hall which was once filled with boisterous celebration.
This is the account of the only survivor of ‘Dairserk’s Last Banquet’ which is considered to be the worst massacre perpetrated by the Assassin Guild known as the “Masquerade”. All of the 104 guests of the banquet including the host Dairserk of the Dark Elves were brutally murdered.
The guests were skilled warriors and mages that gathered to celebrate the birthday of Dairserk. The banquet was held in a quiet villa which was a little way away from Underfoot. The security was heavy and only those with an invitation can enter. When the party was peaking at midnight, a wandering poet Chaebill coincidently found the villa. When he met with Dairserk, he mentioned the protection of Wanderer’s Star and asks to stay over for the night.
Dairserk who was quite intoxicated at the time, gladly accepted his request. Chaebill was guided to his room and fell into a deep sleep. He could have never imagined that he would be the only survivor of the gruesome event that was about to occur. All the guests, except for him turned into a cold corpse overnight. The incident sent shockwaves not only to the Dark Elves Society but to the entirety of Arad. It was the beginning of the nightmare called the Masquerade.
Having been the only survivor of the massacre, Chaebil was accused by many of conspiring with the perpetrators. The poor poet would live his entire life trying to prove his innocence which he ended in resentment. His innocence would only be proven after his death.
The atrocities caused by the Masquerade would become infamous throughout history. Even when it has been rumored that the famed assassin’s guild has already disbanded, the mere whisper of their name would bring fear into the hearts and minds of anyone who would hear it. To be a target of the Masquerade would mean certain death.
To sleep may mean eternal slumber, no one was safe. This is the reason why the assassins of the Masquerade are called Nightmares.
The Shadow Dancer must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Minet in Underfoot Hall.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Clear the 30th floor of the Tower of the Dead.
- Obtain 10 Powerful Essences from APCs in Tower of the Dead or Tower of Illusion.
- Collect 60 Chaos Stone Debris, 120 Seals of Emperor Helm, and 80 Seals of Empress Skardi.
Awakening as a Grim Reaper
|“||Fate crueller than Death
The unavoidable grasp of the reapers.
(Omitted)... They are more skilled than any assassin but their methods are often far too cruel.
Although they say it's only work, it makes one wonder if they are simply putting on a show.
No one can question effectiveness of their methods. In truth, the more violent the method, the more they are hired.
Many nobles are already in deep contact with them. They hire them in order to kill their enemies or to achieve certain goals.
It doesn’t matter how many stands in their way. No matter how skilled they are, they will be found dead covered in a pool of blood.
The situation has become far too dangerous. We have no way to defend ourselves from their daggers that strikes from the shadows. The only reason our kingdom is still intact is because they are satisfied with their current position.
But what if they forget who they are and turn on us? We have to avoid this at all cost.
If you are still hesitant, please remember the death of Dairserk.
He was a talented and famous magician. But what happened to him? He was murdered by those who once faithfully served him. Even Dairserk, who treated them fairly met a cruel death. Are you just going to look idly while they discover more of our secrets?
Send out a declaration to all of the Kingdoms and have all adventurers and armies capture them. We must completely get rid of them in order to avoid any further disaster.
However, we should only punish the Grim Reapers and not question the actions of their employers.
This is the only way to bring out the Grim Reapers who hides deep within the veil.... (Omitted)
- Excerpt from a unknown letter
The Nightmare must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Minet in Underfoot.
- Enter the Black Dragon Tournament and obtain 30 Black Dragon Energy from the APCs.
Shadow Dancer Skills
Shadow Dancer TP Skills
Shadow Dancer Awakening Skills
Shadow Dancer 2nd Awakening Skills
Original Class Skills
Thief TP Skills
General TP Skills
Shadow Dancer Basics
- Because of her reliance on dealing back attacks, Shadow Cut, Shadow Trip, Eraser, Shining Cut Shadow Decoy or Blade Cyclone are good ways to start combos since they allow the Shadow Dancer to reach her enemies' backs more easily.
- As a general rule of thumb, any skills that hit multiple enemies will apply their back-attack effect to all enemies so long as at least one of the enemies hit is back-attacked.
- (I.e. If at least one enemy was attacked from behind Heart Thrust's extended hitstun will apply to everyone hit, regardless of which direction they faced.)
Shadow Dancer Class
Shadow Dancer Skill Cut-In
Grim Reaper Class
Grim Reaper Alternate
Shadow Dancer Motion Aura
Weapons Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle--