2nd Chronicle items are an upgrade from the 1st Chronicle set. However, unlike the 1st Chronicle set, the 2nd Chronicle gear is obtained through mostly random drops from the Otherverse dungeons.
2nd Chronicle gear comes in three distinct forms:
- Regular: Normal gear with specific options.
- Powerful: Enhanced normal gear; generally has slightly better options and stats.
- Set: Powerful gear with Set effects. Better stats than Powerful gear, but lacking specific options seen on Normal and Powerful gear. However, these pieces make up part of a specific set bonus, which in turn, gives much better bonuses and options.
Regular pieces can drop on Normal, Expert's, or Master's Road, whereas Set and Powerful pieces can only be obtained on King's Road.
How to Get
You can get 2nd Chronicle gear in quite a few ways.
- Random drop from Otherverse dungeons.
- Create from Recipe; These also randomly drop from Otherverse dungeons.
- Buy from Dorothy: You can only buy certain pieces however.
- Quest: Complete the 1st Chronicle quest chain; you can then unlock quests to get 2nd Chronicle Shoes and Necklace. This also unlocks a daily quest to get Delirium Stones, which are used in crafting 2nd Chronicle recipes.
For 2nd Chronicle gear, certain pieces will only drop on a certain road.
- Normal: Ring, Belt, Pants, and associated Recipes
- Experts: Bracelet, Head/Shoulder, Top, and associated Recipes
- Masters: Weapon, Shoes, Necklace, and associated Recipes
- King's: Powerful gear, Set gear, and associated Recipes.
Each Chronicle gear has specific options regarding a Skill. These options are noted by an effect. The skill and option selected are fairly random.
|Force||Increases Skill damage by a % value.|
|Zooming||Increases Skill size by a % value.|
|Retention||Increases Skill duration by a % value.|
|Fierce||Decreases Skill's MP consumption and Cooldown by a % value.|
|Ambush|| Increases number of hits of a Skill (where applies). |
Also lowers the Skill damage by a % value.
|Swift||Increases Skill speed.|
|Intense||Increases buff effect of a Skill.|
|Extensive||Increases ammo size.|
|Specialty||Strengthens Skill attributes|
|Sanguination||Increases probability of Bleeding on hit.|
|Vampiric||Increases HP Absorption rate of Frenzy. (Berserker only)|
|Shrewd||Decreases Skill Charge and Summoning Time.|
|Reinforcement||Higher Exorcism Parameter than normal.|
Primal 2nd Chronicle
With the introduction of the Primal Otherverse, the Dungeon Level and Exorcism Parameter for the normal Otherverse dungeons increases. To make up for this, Primal 2nd Chronicle gear is introduced. It works basically the same way as normal 2nd Chronicle gear, only with better stats and Exorcism Parameter.
Primal Gear can be obtained either through:
- Random Drops from Primal Otherverse dungeons
- Buy from Dorothy
- Upgrade your old 2nd Chronicle gear
You can upgrade your old 2nd Chronicle gear to Primal using Primal Infusion Tickets and Shattered Memories that drop from Primal Otherverse Dungeons.
As far as upgrading your gear goes, you get two options:
- 1. Convert and lose all enchants, upgrades, and additional cursed stats. (Cheaper)
- 2. Convert and keep all enchants, upgrades, and additional cursed stats. (3x Expensive)
Something to note is that while Primal 2nd Chronicle gear is basically the same as normal 2nd Chronicle gear, there are some Primal gear pieces that have different modifiers for Skills not found in Normal Mode.
This section will briefly describe the Sets available, however, it will not list all Sets for every subclass. That is for another section.
Set-specific gear can only be obtained on King's Road. These sets are geared towards each individual subclass. However, each subclass has about 3~4 different sets generally set up for different skill builds, thus completing a set will require lots of time and effort spending grinding these dungeons. However, the payoff is usually worth it, as the Set bonuses for the these sets offer very powerful bonuses and options not seen elsewhere in the game.
|2nd Chronicle Sets|