The Fair Arena is new type of PvP system that uses a new fair-balancing system.
Entering the Arena
A player who wishes to PvP must first join the game regularly (via the normal channels). Once in-game, pressing the middle menu will bring up the Arena option (default key shortcut: P). This will bring up the PvP channel selection window, and the player can then choose which channel to join from the options available.
- Characters must be level 18 or higher to enter the Fair Arena.
- Fair Arena channels will be added into the existing Arena channel list window.
- The channels will be divided into 1vs1 and Practice modes.
- In the 1vs1 mode channels, the system will automatically find your opponent.
Joining a Game Room
- You will be in Seria's Gate while choosing a PvP room.
- The storage chest and mailbox are still accessible from here.
- On the top right of the screen is a window with a few options.
- The big red "fight!" will automatically assign an opponent to you.
- The blue history button will open a history window that will show you your past matches.
- It also divides the matches into classes.
- The blue mission buttion will open a mission window that tell you what missions you are currently taking.
- You can not choose what missions to pick (unconfirmed)
- The blue leave button will return you to town(?)
- You may enter the south entrance in Seria's Gate to go to the Elven Moonlight Tavern. This place serves as a lobby, and you can see other players who aren't in a PvP room here as well.
- PvP experience gained from winning a battle contributes to your PvP rank.
- Current amount of PvP experience appears in an orange bar across the bottom of your screen.
- Your ranking is shown next to the character name, in grey.
- The rankings are: Vagabond (blue dot next to number), Gladiator (yellow dot), and Hero (red dot).
- A PvP loss means no PvP exp gained.
- At Gladiator 1 and above, a PvP loss results in lost exp.
- The amount lost depends on the level of the opponent. For example, if a Gladiator 1 loses to a Vagabond 10, 1799 exp is lost; if a Gladiator 1 loses to a Gladiator 1, only 899 exp is lost.
- At Gladiator 2 and above, 0 exp is gained against PvP Players of Vagabond rank.
- One can see the current top rankers on the official DFO main page here.
Top Ranks / Kanji Ranks
Kanji ranks are only given to the top percentile of Hero ranked players. So if there are 100 Heroes, only 1 of them is able to hold the War God rank.
- All participating fighters will automatically receive at least 1 Arena Seals. More are awarded for winning a match.
- These Seals can be used to purchase potions and high quality weapons from Siusha.
- Fair Arena Equipment and Beads
- Fair Arena Equipment and Beads can only be used in the Fair Arena.
- You can purchase Fair Arena Equipment, Beads and Clear Cube Fragments from Seria and Siusha with Arena Seals.
- Equipping Fair Arena Items
- Equipping Fair Arena Items will depend on your Arena Rank, rather than character level.
- Fair Arena Item Effects
- Avatar and Emblem effects won’t be applied in the Fair Arena.
- Tactician’s Contract and Conqueror’s Contract item effects won’t be applied in the Fair Arena.
- Titles and passive Creature abilities will be applied normally in the Fair Arena.
- When you reach level 18, Fair Arena inventory slots will be available from your Inventory window.
- Normal inventory slots will be used while in Town, Dungeons and the normal Arena.
- Equipment in your Fair Arena slots will only be used while in the Fair Arena.
- When you select the Fair Arena inventory button, normal equipment will be grayed out.
- Titles can be used in both Arenas regardless of the slot they are equipped into.
- Follow the rules of the room name.
- For example, if the room name states, "No X" where X is an item or a certain class.
- Stating certain level ranges in the room name.
- Do not hurry the room master to start the game.
- Active Awakenings in 1v1 and Elimination are frowned upon.
- Before starting, wait for the connection icons to sync to see the if connection strength is good or not. (Yellow or lower)
- The first match will sometimes exhibit "load lag." This is usually the case with Summoners. Please have patience.
- Throwing items such as Split Disks are deeply frowned upon.
All of these are not confirmed
- Gunners and gunner subclasses may be shunned from rooms, due to being very difficult to properly counter at low levels.
- Lagging/desyncing during PvP play will cause the lagger to be impossible to hit; rumors abound that there is a hack that causes desyncs on purpose.
- Players may leave rooms in mid-combat to preserve their PvP rank/kill ratio (via force-quitting the game).
- Character may be kicked from room if the character does not meet, or exceeds, the levels indicated in the room title or of the characters currently present in the room. This is usually due to skills that are unlocked at certain levels.
- A glitch exists where Gladiators, banned from basic channel, and Heroes, banned from Expert channel, are still able to access those channels.
- There is a kind of item called <Fair Arena Blitz Shard>, is not sure about how to get them.