|Occupation||Seven Shards of Empyrean; Scientist|
|Location||Ghent Manufacturing District|
Melvin Richter is one of the Seven Shards of Empyrean - a group created to inherit the will of the 7 Machinists, the 7 great mechanics in Empyrean history. He acts as Ghent's expert in machinery and science, having created a pet robot lion at a young age as his companion. Frequently speaks in complicated English which is hilariously censored in in-game dialogue.
- Allows use of the "'Disassembler,'" which you can use to break down equipment into cube fragments.
- Has the "craft menu", akin to Roger Levin, allowing players to upgrade materials and construct special materials.
- Whoa! I've never seen anything like this!
- I gotta be careful; they're out to get me.
- (Unrecognizable name), wake me up when something happens.
- Anything exciting going around here?
- (Loud yawn) I'm lazy!
- You can leave now, y'know.
- Lame. Bo-oring.
- Don't tell anyone you saw me.
- Melvin Richter also makes an appearance in Cyphers, another game developed by Neople/Nexon. He is the second character to make a cameo appearance in Cyphers, the first character being Michelle Monohan.