|Occupation||Seven Shards of Empyrean; Scientist|
|Location||Ghent Manufacturing District|
Melvin Richter is one of the Seven Shards of Empyrean - a group created to inherit the will of the 7 Machinists, the 7 great mechanics in Empyrean history. He acts as Ghent's expert in machinery and science, having created his pet robot lion, KeumKangRang, at a young age as his companion. Frequently speaks in complicated English which is hilariously censored in in-game dialogue.
- Allows use of the "'Disassembler,'" which you can use to break down equipment into cube fragments.
- Has the "craft menu", akin to Roger Levin, allowing players to upgrade materials and construct special materials.
- AT-5T Class 1 License
- Melvin's Shame
- One More High-tech Ring
- Walking Home
- Supply Line Recon
- Sniper Scope
- Save the Princess
- Protectig the Princess
- Whoa! I've never seen anything like this!
- I gotta be careful; they're out to get me.
- (Unrecognizable name), wake me up when something happens.
- Anything exciting going around here?
- (Loud yawn) I'm lazy!
- Everyone talks about Gizel and the Kartels, but I don't care so as long as they leave me to my research. In fact, I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for Zeldine.
- Zeldine: Melvin...
- This? He's KeumKangRang. I made him when I was ten. He's my guard and my pet. I wish I made him bigger; I could have kept him on my bed. He's one of my earlier works, so he's not as smart as I'd like him to be, but dumb suits him just fine. He's way smarter than you, though.
- The Seven Shards is Empyrean's elite group of researchers that follow the footsteps of the Seven Great Machinists... Argh, I'm going to let KeumKangRang answer the questions from now on. I'm tired of repeating myself all day.
Request Chat (Upon the completion of No quests found that satisfy the search criteria.)
- Err? Is it safe for you to come back here? Are you sure you're not being hunted? I've heared people whisper that you saved Her Highness. I'm glad you're okay. You shouldn't be out in public too often, though. A lot of people want to talk to you for the wrong reasons.
- Aww, my heard hurts from thinking too much. I thought we were done fighting—why are we doing it again? And why did they rescue Her Highness if they were just going to drive her away? What did we fight for? They don't want the Kartels to have her, but they don't want to keep her either. This is just stupid.
- I've been visited by so many people that I'm actually missing the days when I was harassed by Zeldine. I'm tired of dealing with bullies and shady entrepreneurs who threaten to cut off my research funds and try to recruit me into their family business. I wish I had someplace I could hide.
- You can leave now, y'know.
- Lame. Bo-oring.
- Don't tell anyone you saw me.
- Melvin Richter also makes an appearance in Cyphers, another game developed by Neople/Nexon. He is the second character to make a cameo appearance in Cyphers, the first character being Michelle Monohan.