Welcome to the DFO World Wiki. With many major updates since the release of DFO, many items are missing. Visit Item Database Project to learn more.
Please remember to click "show preview" before saving the page.
Thanks for the updated logo snafuPop!
|This article contains content that was removed.|
2nd Chronicle items are an upgrade from the 1st Chronicle set. However, unlike the 1st Chronicle set, the 2nd Chronicle gear is obtained through mostly random drops from the Otherverse dungeons.
2nd Chronicle gear comes in two distinct forms:
- Regular: Normal gear with specific options. (See below for diverse options these gears can provide)
- Set: Powerful gear with Set effects. Slightly better stats than Regular gear, but lacking specific options seen on Normal and Powerful gear. However, these pieces make up part of a specific set bonus, which in turn, gives much better bonuses and options.
Regular pieces can drop on any difficulty, whereas Set pieces can only be obtained on Hard or above.
How to Get
You can get 2nd Chronicle gear in quite a few ways.
- Random drop from 2nd Chronicle Otherverse dungeons (Goblin Kingdom, Castle Nebulous, and Rangelus's Guerrillas).
- Create from Recipe: These also randomly drop from Otherverse dungeons.
- Buy from Natalia Sue: You can exchange Interdimensional Fragments for Chronicle equipment.
- If you purchase the wrong box by accident, you can purchase a refund from Natalia Sue as long as you have not opened the box.
- Interdimensional Fragments can be obtained from mini-bosses and bosses of Otherverse Dungeons or they can be obtained from breaking reinforced tainted/cracked chronicle gears obtained from Otherverse 3 dungeons using Dimensional Auras, which have a chance at breaking the item on the 2nd try.
|Reinforcement Level||Interdimensional Fragments Salvaged|
|+0||1 Interdimensional Fragment|
|+1||1 Interdimensional Fragment|
|+2||2 Interdimensional Fragment|
|+3||3 Interdimensional Fragment|
|+4||4 Interdimensional Fragments|
|+5||6 Interdimensional Fragments|
|+6||8 Interdimensional Fragments|
|+7||10 Interdimensional Fragments|
|+8||12 Interdimensional Fragments|
|+9||13 Interdimensional Fragments|
|+10||17 Interdimensional Fragments|
- Quest: Complete the 2nd Chronicle Epic quest chain; you can then accept Feat quests to get 2nd Chronicle Shoes and Necklace. This also unlocks a daily quest to get Delirium Stones, which are used in crafting 2nd Chronicle recipes.
For 2nd Chronicle gear, certain pieces will only drop on a certain difficulty. For specific monsters to hunt, especially for Set equipment, it's best to check DFOpedia in-game to see exactly where they drop.
- Normal: All non-set pieces and associated recipes.
- Expert: Everything in Normal as well as 2nd Chronicle Set equipment.
- Master: The same as Expert difficulty but with 2nd Chronicle Set equipment dropping at a higher rate.
Regular Gears Options
These Chronicle Gears are non-set Gears and dropped in ALL difficulties. However, each Chronicle gear has an options in regards to a specific Skill. These options are noted by an effect. The skill and option selected are fairly diverse.
|Force||Increases Skill damage by a % value.|
|Expand||Increases Skill size by a % value.|
|Retention||Increases Skill duration by a % value.|
|Fierce||Decreases Skill's MP consumption and Cooldown by a % value.|
|Ambush||Increases number of hits of a Skill (where it applies). |
Also lowers the Skill damage by a % value.
|Swift||Increases Skill speed.|
|Intense||Increases buff effect of a Skill.|
|Specialty||Strengthens Skill attributes.|
|Sanguination||Increases probability of Bleeding on hit.|
|Extensive||Increases ammo size and damage for Spitfire skills.|
|Vampiric||Increases HP Absorption rate of Frenzy.|
|Shrewd||Decreases the Cooldown of the Summoner's summons.|
|Restorative||Increases the Recovery Speed of the Mechanic's robots.|
Set-specific gear can only be obtained on Expert/Master difficulties. These sets are geared towards each individual subclass. However, each subclass has about 3~4 different sets generally set up for different skill builds, thus completing a set will require lots of time and effort spending grinding these dungeons. However, the pay-off is usually worth it, as the Set bonuses for the these sets offer very powerful bonuses and options not seen elsewhere in the game.
|2nd Chronicle Sets|
|3rd Chronicle Sets|