Welcome to the DFO World Wiki. With many major updates since the release of DFO, many items are missing. Visit Item Database Project to learn more.
Please remember to click "show preview" before saving the page.
Thanks for the updated logo snafuPop!
Japanese: サモナー (Samonā, lit. Summoner)
Simplified Chinese: 召唤师
Traditional Chinese: 召喚師
|Specialized Armor||Cloth Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Magical |
Damage Type: Percent
|Inflict Element?|| Water Element |
|Inflict Status Effect?||Negative: Freeze (Status), Burn (Status), Shock (Status), Curse (Status) |
|Alternate Names||Moon Empress|
Japanese: ムーンエンプレス (Mūn Enpuresu, lit. Moon Empress)
Simplified Chinese: 月蚀
Traditional Chinese: 月蝕
Korean: 진(眞) 소환사
Some say my skills are breathtaking...
The mages called the Summoners do not just employ the powers of the natural elements, but also summon them in physical form to aid in combat. The things that they can summon include the monsters that have entered a contract with the current Circle Mage leader, Kate. The stronger a Summoner is, the more minions she can summon, leading them to even greater power.
The Summoner is a Mage who reaches into the power of the Core—the source of all magical energy. She develops special spells that allow her to call upon the spirits and beasts of Arad to aid her in battle.
- At level 50, the Summoner awakens as the Lunar Princess. At level 75, the Lunar Princess awakens as an Eclipse.
- Her subclass cosmetic effect is a tome strapped to her waist.
- Her 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect is a magic circle that spawns a second tome in front of her.
- 1 Becoming a Summoner
- 2 Awakening as a Lunar Princess
- 3 Awakening as an Eclipse
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Summoner
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 New Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Notes/Advice
- 9 Media Content
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Gallery
Becoming a Summoner
The Mage must first reach level 15.
- Complete the quest Fighting to Protect the Forest from the Grand Flores Epic Quest line.
Awakening as a Lunar Princess
Let me tell you about the Circle Mages, the only Summoners' organization in Pandemonium.
The Circle Mages was founded by Kate, the first to successfully launch the hired summoning system with from creatures outside of the Underworld. The organization was long regarded as a symbol of hope for Pandemonium-- their motto: Embracing the harmony amongst all living beings.
However, from the Circle Mages arose a faction known as "Second Pact." They rebelled against the moderate views of the Circle Mages, even distributing the recipe for the creation of the "Mind Control Ring," the forbidden artifact that possessed the power to dominate all summoned creatures in Pandemonium. At the height of their rebellion, they authored the following statement:
"Remember, you who are walking in the way of the Summoner, if your loved ones are in danger, do not just stand helplessly watching. Whosoever holds the Mind Control Ring shall be endowed with the forces as promised by the Second Pact. And she who contains its power shall be named... a Lunar Princess."
The Summoner must first reach level 50.
- Complete the quest Unending Foreboding from the North Myre Epic Quest line.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Summoner must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Sharan in the West Coast Mage Guild.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 60 Chaos Stone Debris and 120 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as an Eclipse
An old legend from Pandemonium says that evil creatures live on the surface of the moon "Delarion." These violent creatures come down to the ground during the eclipse and devour any creatures on sight and make their way back to the moon before the eclipse ends. It has been told that this legend had kept awake many children in Pandemonium during the nights of the eclipse.
As time passed, the legend became a story of the past. However, one night, the summoners of the "Second Pact" gathered together. It was a day of the eclipse and the objective was clear. They wanted to find out whether the legend was true. As summoners, they could not refuse the temptation of this mysterious legend. Who wouldn't be excited about finding out if an old legend is true, right? So, from fairy tales to ancient scriptures they gathered every information they can and performed a ritual.
The results? Well, they succeeded. The legend was confirmed to be true and something definitely lived on the surface of the beautiful moon. The problem occurred after the summoning, however. A formless creature arose from the summoning field and slaughtered everything in sight. It was stronger and crueler than anything ever seen and most of the summoners who participated in the ritual died a painful death. Even the summons died without giving much of a fight.
But ironically, due to the ring of control that was devoured together with many of them, the monster stabilized and it turned from an "it" to a "him".
Resembling the brave ancient warrior of the past, he called himself "Lamos" and told everyone about the story about how he came to be. After his body was eaten by the bugs on the moon, his mind wandered the surface of the moon. It was this mind that was summoned to us.
Summoners who were lucky to survive this event made a pact with Lamos. The sacrifice was not worth the gain, however. Many who had survived wished they had died as they suffered greatly from the aftereffects for a very long time. However, the leaders of the "Second Pact" ignored the pain and the blood spilled and tried to use those who had survived. So those who had survived decided to abandon the "Second Pact" and the name "Lunar Princess."
From that point onward, they were known as the "Eclipse".
The Lunar Princess must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 25 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 40 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Summoner
Oh light that draws a single line in the darkness,
Oh echoes that whisper avarice in the void, do you hear me.
You are the one who lightens the Pandemonium and covers the world in shadows.
The one ruler of the avaricious night, the one deeper than the night, and the one whispering the darkness in the abyss.
I plead, answer my call and reveal your black avarice.
I too uphold your oath and offer an offering of avarice,
Unveil fear to the arrogant ones with your ravenous devouring.
This is my desire and the purpose of your being,
Hear my call, origin of moonshade and calm night sky of Pandemonium.
The one who shall grant the blackest darkness and brightest light to you, who hungers for the endless void, is here.
Through me you will consume the world, and through you I will fulfill my desires.
Answer me, you who lie silently in the abyss.
Oh illusory being hidden behind the moon, raise your head.
I too have turned my back to the moon.
By the name ‘Eclipse’ I promise to the sky of the great Pandemonium.
Devour all the unclean ones before us and deliver unto this world the invasion.
- A section of the summoning incantation of ‘Ravenous Delarion’
The Eclipse must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Spirit Bond: reduced to 30SP
- Eclipse's Hive: reduced to 45SP
- Eclipse Fall: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Death Bringer Dance.
With Scroll of Enlightenment learns the skill Clues to Awakening and can reinforce either Death Bringer Dance or Eclipse Fall.
Learns new skills:
- Complete the True Awakening 2 Quest line.
Original Class Skills
Female Mage Skills
Female Mage TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- General Notes
- 1st and 2nd-Tier Spirit Summons are immune to knockdowns and grabs. They're also considered floating, so they can't be harmed by things such as lava. (Except for Stalker, who is confined to the ground.)
- Summoners tend to avoid cooldown reduction when gearing.
- Summoned Minion attacks don't trigger most gear effects.
- Lasher makes a good melee attack, and post 3rd Awakening, also adds a small damage over time to any enemies hit by it. These count as your damage for the purposes of gear effects.
- While the Eclipse's lore describes Lamos as a male, the skill title refers her as a female.
- [Summoner Trailer] [Summoner English Trailer] [Summoner Gameplay]
- [Eclipse Trailer] [Eclipse English Trailer] [Eclipse Gameplay]
- The Summoner's theme and motif is based on Evocation that involves calling forth spirits and deities to fight by their side, including Western esotericism. It is also seen in popular media such as DnD & Final Fantasy.
- The Summoner's skill tree is actually the combination of both summoner organizations: The Circle Mages & Second Pact.
- In the old Awakening quest dialogue, the Summoner used to have to fight Albert for Kasijas' tooth in order to summon him.
- She is featured within the Male Mage's New Trial trailer.
- She was originally given Gaia as a Nexon-DFO Awakening title that's named after the Primordial Earth Goddess.
- This would later be swapped over to Elven Knight's Global Second Awakening.
- A Eclipse is one of many Astrological aspects that occurs Earth's shadow blocks the sun's light, which otherwise reflects off the moon.
- Contract: Hodor - Panzer is the German word for Tank and the Hodor name is derived from a Game of Thrones character.
- Lesser Spirit: Ador - In other versions, it's called Agni named after the Hindu Fire God.
- Lesser Spirit: Naias - Water Spirits in Greek Mythology.
- Lesser Spirit: Wisp - Will-o'-the-wisp.
- Greater Spirit: Aquarius - The Zodiac sign itself.
- Greater Spirit: Glaerin - A play on the word Glaring that involves very bright lights.
- Contract: Black Knight Sandor - Could likely be named after Sándor Kocsis, though the name itself is a Hungarian form of Alexander.
- Contract: Big Sis Louise! - Looks to be a mixture of both Grand Flores Mage sisters: Flaming Binoche (Red) & Ice-Locking Keraha (Blue).
- Contract: Hellflower Aukuso - It's name is derived from Auxo, A Summer Goddess of the Horae, protector of vegetation and plants.
- Spirit Lord: Echeverria - Derived from the surname of Joseba Etxeberria.
- Legendary Summon: War Maiden Lamos - derived from Sergio Ramos.
- The 95 Passive, Posticus Luna literally means Behind the Moon in Latin.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|