|This article contains content that was removed.|
3rd Chronicle gear is a step up from the 2nd Chronicle gear. However for Set equipment, it does not imply that 3rd Chronicle is superior than 2nd Chronicle because of a higher number; some 2nd Chronicle Set equipment may be better or more desirable than 3rd Chronicle for some classes.
3rd Chronicle gear comes in two distinct forms unlike 2nd Chronicle gear.
- Tainted/Cracked: This is "normal" 3rd Chronicle equipment. Tainted/Cracked items are sorted by subclass. A Tainted/Cracked item can be imbued with Dimensional Auras(Red Dimensional Aura, Blue Dimensional Aura, Green Dimensional Aura), altering a Skill. Your class (Awakening) must match the item's type to be able to receive its energy. Equipment can only be imbued twice, and the a skill cannot be imbued twice with the same aura. If adding a new skill fails, the item is destroyed. When an item is destroyed: Clear Cube Fragments, Chaos Stone Debris and Interdimensional Fragments can be salvaged.
- Set: This type of 3rd Chronicle gear has Set effects on it. Sorted by subclass (more information on set effects are shown below the article, divided into subclasses). Collect Set gear to reap powerful bonuses and Set Effects. The actual equipment has slightly better stats than Tainted/Cracked gear. However, unlike Tainted/Cracked gear, it cannot be imbued with Dimensional Auras.
3rd Chronicle Set Notes:
- Equip level restricted to 70+.
- There are bonuses obtained when wearing 3, 6 or 9 pieces of an individual set.
- You can mix and match sets (i.e: 3 pieces of one set and 6 of another)
How to Get
You can get 3rd Chronicle gear in one of three ways:
- The 3rd Chronicle items will drop in Otherverse dungeons: Void Rift, Dark Side, Castle of Bakal.
- The Tainted/Cracked items can drop from every difficulty.
- The set items will only drop on Hard and Ultimate Difficulties.
- Recipes for some 3rd Chronicle Equipment Set items can also be dropped.
- Necklace can be obtained from special Quests: Powers of the Otherverse 3
- Buy from Ludmilla using Interdimensional Fragments.
|Belt, Head/Shoulders, Shoes||101||379|
- If you purchase the wrong box by accident, you can purchase a refund from Ludmilla as long as you have not opened the box.
- Interdimensional Fragments can be obtained from mini-bosses and bosses of Otherverse Dungeons or they can be obtained from breaking reinforced tainted/cracked chronicle gears using Dimensional Auras, which have a chance at breaking the item on the 2nd try.
|Reinforcement Level||Interdimensional Fragments Salvaged|
|+0||1 Interdimensional Fragment|
|+1||1 Interdimensional Fragment|
|+2||2 Interdimensional Fragment|
|+3||3 Interdimensional Fragment|
|+4||4 Interdimensional Fragments|
|+5||6 Interdimensional Fragments|
|+6||8 Interdimensional Fragments|
|+7||10 Interdimensional Fragments|
|+8||12 Interdimensional Fragments|
|+9||13 Interdimensional Fragments|
|+10||17 Interdimensional Fragments|
For 3rd Chronicle gear, certain pieces will only drop on a certain road. For specific monsters to hunt, especially for Set equipment, it's best to check DFOpedia in-game to see exactly where they drop.
- Normal: All non-set pieces and associated recipes.
- Expert: Everything in Normal as well as 3rd Chronicle Set equipment.
- Master: The same as Expert difficulty but with 3rd Chronicle Set equipment dropping at a higher rate.
You can imbue Tainted/Cracked equipment with a Dimensional Aura, altering a Skill of your choice. Depending on you the Aura you use, a different aspect of the Skill will be altered. Dimensional Auras can be found in the 3rd Chronicle Otherverse dungeons, or by collecting "Interdimensional Fragments" and trading them with Ludmilla in Saint Horn for 10 fragments for 1 aura.
- The first Dimensional Aura is guaranteed to succeed whereas the second may fail and destroy your equipment.
|Red Dimensional Aura||Increases Damage dealt by a Skill.|
|Blue Dimensional Aura||Decreases Cooldown for a Skill.|
|Green Dimensional Aura||Can add special effect options to a Skill. |
(Effects vary from skill to skill)
Set-specific gear can only be obtained on Hard/Ultimate difficulties. These sets are geared towards each individual subclass. However, each subclass has about 3~4 different sets generally set up for different skill builds, thus completing a set will require lots of time and effort spending grinding these dungeons. However, the pay-off is usually worth it, as the Set bonuses for the these sets offer very powerful bonuses and options not seen elsewhere in the game.
|2nd Chronicle Sets|
|3rd Chronicle Sets|