Korean: 드래고니안 랜서
|Skill Type: Magical
Damage Type: Percent
|Inflict Status Effect?
|Korean: 진(眞) 드래고니안 랜서
The Demonic Lancers.
It's been known that the only way for these warriors to become stronger is to defeat each other and absorb their fallen peer's power.
The Empire discovers, through the battles held between combat slaves and monsters at arenas every day, that the Demonic Lancers' powers could actually be intensified through battles with abnormally powerful monsters and creatures that have been exposed to the energy of the Apostles like Sirocco.
So the government selects the strongest and longest-surviving combat slaves from arenas and sends them everywhere in the country to resolve the aftermath of the Metastasis, exterminate monsters, and keep the general populace happy, all the while cultivating a powerful regiment.
They are the professional monster hunters trained by the Empire. The first Dragoon and the leader of the others, Marx, who is also known as Jager, pays a visit to the Imperial lords who own combat slaves, picks out slaves who are most sensitive to Sirocco's energy, and immediately sends them to the Empire.
These slaves, unlike the other Demonic Lancers, are completely isolated from other groups and learn the monster-tracking and hunting techniques and combat arts that the Empire has secretly developed. When their training is complete, they hold a festival of their own called the Red Moon Festival, in which ten warriors who caught bigger game than the others are selected and named Dragoons and sent out to different places on the Arad Continent.
The Dragoon is a Lancer whose power is gained from the life of defeated monsters. These lancers are considered to be the best by the Empire, chosen to hunt down the most terrifying of beasts. With the harnessed energies of the strongest monsters, the Lancer fights in a mixture of ranged and melee combat from heavy swings to lance shaped energy projectiles.
- At level 50, the Dragoon awakens as a Leviathan then at level 75, the Leviathan awakens as a Deimos.
- His subclass cosmetic effect is a row of five energy lances that float behind him at all times.
- His 2nd awakening cosmetic effect is all five energy lances turns his main weapon into a glowing spear.
- His Neo Awakening cosmetic effect is a energy shaped like a dragon's head forming around the dragoon and the Dragoon's beam spear transforming into the halberd in the Neo:Dragoon illustration as the Dragoon makes a ready stance.
- 1 Becoming a Dragoon
- 2 Awakening as a Leviathan
- 3 Becoming a Deimos
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Dragoon
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 New Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Media Content
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
Becoming a Dragoon
The Demonic Lancer must first reach level 15.
- Complete the quest Fighting to Protect the Forest Fighting to Protect the Forest from the Grand Flores Epic Quest line.
Awakening as a Leviathan
The Leviathan is believed to be the first monster exposed to the Apostles' energy when they came to Arad. It's stronger than any other monsters, but almost impossible to find.
That night a red moon hung in the sky, just like the day I was named Dragoon.
Maybe it was because of the moon. I usually didn't hunt unless I was tasked by the Empire, but that day I went out and hunted monsters that had nothing to do with my assignments, telling myself that I was doing it to protect peace.
After I defeated one last monster, I counted the number of monsters I hunted and felt extremely satisfied by my growing strength. The power I had absorbed from the last monster continued to spread throughout my body.
It appeared, eclipsing the red moon that lit the earth brightly.
Everything instantly became dark. I looked up and became awash in a state of overwhelming fear. Under the bright moonlight, I looked into death and wondered if I was dreaming.
What changed is that my eyes were permanently branded with the terrifying image that they beheld. My body trembled uncontrollably. My hair turned gray overnight. And the memories of its inconceivable power crept behind the fear that dominated my senses.
"No other monster is as strong as that. Every monster has submitted to it. The king of all beasts is there. Do you think you can take him down and become a new king? Otherwise, you'll have to give up your lance here, like I did."
On a day of the red moon - From an instructor's journal
The Dragoon must first reach level 50.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Dragoon must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Leno in the Hendon Myre Back Alley.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 10 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Becoming a Deimos
Those monsters were the mysterious entities that emerged in Arad during the breakout of the Metastasis. What were they? What brought them to Arad? And why were they so violent? The scholars of the Empire decided to identify these creatures that threaten the people of their country.
During their research, they found out that the monsters were driven violent by a mysterious energy, and the same violent behavior could happen in the Dragoons who absorbed their powers to strengthen themselves.
The researchers reported this finding to the Emperor and expressed their concerns. But the Emperor didn't want to give up the powerful regiment that he gained in a short amount of time. So he ignored their warning. The Dragoons grew stronger by the day without anyone's interference.
Soon the first Leviathan was born, and the Dragoons started accomplishing amazing feats as if to answer the Emperor's expectations. It seemed he made the right decision, ignoring the scholars.
But... The scholars' worst fears were realized. A well-respected Leviathan killed one of the Dragoons who followed him and absorbed his power. This shocking news stirred up the entire country, and was considered serious enough to threaten the future of the Empire.
A warrant for his arrest was issued, and the Leviathan was arrested immediately. Then, the scholars were invited to examine him. The scholars found out that he regularly experienced mindless rage and the intervals between these episodes were getting shorter.
The Emperor didn't want a power that he couldn't control. He ordered his death and the collection of his power.
The Leviathan, being the patriot as he was, accepted his fate with aplomb. He gathered renowned Dragoons across the country, distributed all his energy among them, and went to his execution site. And there, he gave his last words to the Dragoons who gathered there for him.
"The monsters' powers are great, but unstable. I couldn't handle them, and this is the consequence. But I know one of you will learn how to completely assimilate them and surpass me one day." That was the well-respected Leviathan's will.
Now... Of all the Dragoons who received his power, only I've survived. I still remember that day and often ask myself: can I surpass him? Or will I be devoured by my own power?
Well, I don't care either way. I'm just going to do what I can do. "Let the hunt begin!"
The Leviathan must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 25 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 40 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Dragoon
The more skillful the hunter is, the more he puts the whole situation under his control.
How will the prey attack; in which direction will it run,;
When to kill it; how to use the power that’s absorbed.
To completely dominate the prey, everything needs to be done according to plan.
The power is too dangerous to handle now.
If it’s not handled perfectly, it’s better not to use it.
That is the way to carry on the will of the ones that went on a frenzy.
Eventually, the hunter was trapped in the limits made by himself.
The bright moon looked somehow bleak and lonely.
The tip of the spear trembled.
He suffered a defeat.
A defeat so overwhelming he was left without a single regret.
Then the hunter began to see things that he had not seen because he was consumed by fear.
Instead, the hunter’s overconfident senses were making him dull.
The arrogance of trying to control the whole situation was blinding him.
To start a new hunt, he needed the recklessness of a beginner that he had wanted to get rid of.
The hunter grabbed the spear silently.
He prepared for an inevitable and maybe his last hunt.
The hunter produced a seed that have been greedily fattened by consuming monsters for a long time.
The appetizing and enormous energy that the King of Beasts wanted to swallow so badly.
It was an extremely attractive bait, but a dangerous bait that could lead the hunter to death upon failure.
Everything was at stake.
The King of Beasts approached the seed, The energy of the Leviathan began to devour the seed without hesitation.
The hunter simply looked at the power of Leviathan, as it ate the seed quietly.
He searched for clues with the keen sense of a hunter.
He searched for a link between the two forces with a keen eye.
And finally, a smile fell over the hunter’s mouth.
On that night filled with desolate darkness, the bright red moon shone upon the hunter.
The overwhelming power of the monster overflowed through his armor and helmet.
The abandoned spears combined with the energy made it seem as if stars were embroidered upon his back.
A light that is dazzlingly fierce with a restrained sharpness.
It was like the resurrection of the Leviathan.
The hunter, who felt the calm end of his spear, opened his mouth.
“Let the hunt begin.”
The hunting festival of the Red Moon will never end.
The Deimos must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Lingering Sensation: reduced to 30SP
- Fountain of Power: reduced to 45SP
- Deadly Charge: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Dragon Slayer (Dragoon).
Learns new skills:
Dragoon TP Skills
Dragoon Awakening Skills
Dragoon 2nd Awakening Skills
Dragoon Neo: Awakening Skills
Dragoon Togglable Skills
Original Class Skills
Demonic Lancer Skills
Demonic Lancer TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- The Dragoon's theme is based on Capcom's Monster Hunter franchise, where it involves a Hunter that's tasked with either slaying or trapping large monsters across various landscapes as part of quests given to them by locals.
- His appearance does share a few similarities to Final Fantasy's Dragoon Job class, since they're known to wield Polearms as their main weapon, and wears draconian armor.
- The Beam Spear is likely modeled after Partisans.
- A Dragoon in real life, were seen as 18th & 19th century mounted Calvary soldiers who rode Horses for mobility.
- The First Awakening Leviathan often refers to a large sea monster dating back to Ancient Middle Eastern and Jewish origins which is commonly depicted as a serpent.
- The Global Second Awakening Deimos in Greek Mythology, is the God that represents feelings of Terror and Dread.
- Buffalo Fall - Bison.
- Locust Burning - Locust.
- Earthworm Hunt - Sandworm.
- Dragon Slayer (Dragoon) - Based on Sword Dragon Loras from Cyphers.
- Keravnos - His 95 Passive is the Ancient Greek word Κεραυνός for Thunderbolt.
- Red Moon Festival - The Neo: Dragoon's Awakening setup looks nearly identical to Unlimited Blade Works from the Fate-series.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle