|Alternate Names||Dark Lancer|
Korean: 다크 랜서
|Base Job||Demonic Lancer|
|Specialized Armor||Leather Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Magical |
Damage Type: Percent
Subclass Difficulty: Intermediate
|Inflict Element?||Shadow Element|
|Inflict Status Effect?||Negative: None |
|Alternate Names||Korean: 에레보스|
|Alternate Names||Korean: 진(眞) 다크 랜서|
Some Demonic Lancers bite off more than they can chew and end up causing their Demonic lance to rage out of control.
Once they go berserk, Demonic lances are impossible to control. In most cases, they devour their owners, ending their existence. And they don't just stop there. They continue to prey on every living thing near them, which has gained them notoriety among the people of the Empire.
Fortunately Demonic lances show signs before they go out of control. Their owners would start experiencing visual and auditory hallucinations and talking to themselves much more frequently. Strangely, though, the affected Demonic Lancers are not aware of these symptoms.
More and more Demonic lances raged out of control, and the Empire decided to single out those who showed the symptoms. And they were exiled from the country without exception. They were going to get killed by their own lances, anyway. And most of them did. They disappeared into history with no one to remember them. But those who didn't...
According to some eyewitnesses, these survivors wield mysterious black energy and have parts of their body blackened and horribly disfigured. They constantly roam, looking for something. It's not known what they're looking for, or if they're doing it of their own accord or for their Demonic lance.
One thing I'm sure about is that you must not display your power in front of the Impalers. The moment their Demonic lance awakens, your power will become part of it.
The Impaler yields himself to the Apostle Sirocco's energies sealed within the Demonic Lance, shaping and using her power to his own will as it corrupts the body and soul. As a result, the Dark Lancer's attacks has been enhanced with power of darkness, attacking his enemies from afar with his javelin and imbibing his victims in black smoke and lightning.
- At level 50, the Impaler awakens as an Abbadon then at level 75, the Abbadon awakens as an Erebus.
- His subclass cosmetic effect is a dark aura coming from his lance, arm and side of his face.
- His 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect is releasing his dark aura while crouching down.
- His Neo Awakening cosmetic effect has the Impaler conjures a dark sphere in his hand and immerses it in his body.
- 1 Becoming an Impaler
- 2 Awakening as an Abbadon
- 3 Becoming an Erebus
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Impaler
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 New Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Media Content
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Trivia
Becoming an Impaler
The Demonic Lancer must first reach level 15.
Awakening as an Abbadon
I met a man with a mysterious lance. Actually, he was more like a devil disguised as a man.
I believe it was when I just arrived at a forest in a bordering region of the Empire to investigate it under the imperial order. The forest was extremely quiet, suspiciously so. I was bout to order the soldiers to search.
Suddenly... I saw a man in the shadows of the forest. He was alone, but he was mumbling as if he was talking to someone else. Then he saw us standing out here with our mouths agape. He slowly walked out of the shadows with a creepy smile on his face.
He didn't look like he was of this world. I thought he was the devil himself.
Maybe it was because I didn't know who my enemy was. A gut feeling of fear that I hadn't felt for a long time came back, screaming at me to run. I ignored it and was about to crouch into a fighting stance when I saw the lance in his hand shimmer.
I don't remember clearly what happened next. I think the soldiers were lying on the ground. My right arm felt numb. And I heard the mysterious man's maniacal laughter.
When I opened my eyes, I was at an Imperial medical relief station, missing my right arm. That explained the numbness I felt before I lost my consciousness. But I didn't have time to wallow in pain. I had to let my superiors know about the devil.
Two years have passed since I turned in my last report and returned home. I still dream about the devil sometimes. A while ago, one of my comrades from my days in the Imperial Army visited me and brought me up to date on what's happening in the outside world.
Abaddon was what the devil was called. It refused to cooperate with the Empire, so the government sicced armies on it. It obliterated every single one of them. But it always let one soldier leave alive, my comrade said.
Suddenly the devil's maniacal laughter rang in my ears again. I know now that I didn't survive that day; I was saved, so I could send a warning to everyone else who would come to the devil after me.
- From a memoir of a former Imperial Army officer
The Impaler must first reach level 50.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Impaler must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Leno in the Hendon Myre Back Alley.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 10 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Becoming an Erebus
Have you seen the night sun?
A strange phenomenon had been sighted everywhere in the Empire.
A pitch darkness that denied the existence of light was enough to terrify all living creatures to the core. This caused the monsters to act out. The Empire was forced to launch subjugation efforts and an investigation to find the cause of this unknown fear.
Anyone could join this investigation, and countless reports were submitted. The most notable report was about seeing two glowing yellow eyes in the darkness.
This report had the words "he" and "unknown entity" frequently used throughout it. The leaders of the Empire decided that this whole thing was an act of rebellion committed by a certain group and ordered its elimination.
Then, the situation changed all of a sudden. What was once perceived as simple darkness started causing deaths.
After countless soldiers died without an apparent cause, the Imperial leaders realized the seriousness of the situation. They sent out an elite unit of soldiers to trace the darkness. And after many more soldiers were sacrificed, they found the man who they believed to be the mastermind behind this phenomenon.
Unlike what was reported to them, he was alone.
"Are you all that the Empire can send?"
The proud elite soldiers bristled at his taunting remark, but they didn't dare get close to him. He smelled too much like death.
"Are you afraid? *Chuckle* But you're impressive, coming all the way here to find me, I'll give you that."
Suddenly a pitch darkness settled around them, blocking all the light. His body began darkening as if absorbing the darkness.
He was the unidentified entity mentioned in that report. By the time they realized that, it was too late. All they could do was listen to his final words for them before their death.
The Abaddon must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 25 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 40 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Impaler
A night without the moon and stars.
A pitch-black darkness without a glimpse of light.
Do you think you’ve seen darkness?
The darkness you saw was just the absence of light.
My darkness is the force that distorts space,
It is the power that encroaches existence,
a curse that defiles light,
a plague that devours darkness
It is the authority that spreads even in the void.
You ignorant fool, you haven’t realized that the darkness is looming.
You looked into the abyss and didn’t even think that the abyss is looking at you.
You can’t make a sound, since it’s already consumed you to your neck.
Shiver with fear, for you will not see anything.
Writhe in pain, nothing can stop it.
The more you struggle to survive, the deeper the pit will drag you.
And when you’re finally hopeless,
it will devour your powers.
The Erebus must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Ruler of Darkness: reduced to 30SP
- Darkness Over the Abyss: reduced to 45SP
- Annihilation of Darkness: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Fury: Black Armageddon.
Learns new skills:
Impaler TP Skills
Impaler Awakening Skills
Impaler 2nd Awakening Skills
Impaler Neo: Awakening Skills
Original Class Skills
Demonic Lancer Skills
Demonic Lancer TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- Like the Vanguard, the Impaler's theme and motif also seems to share some similarities to the Berserker in which they both accept their respective demonic entities for more power with his being Sirocco's through the Lance and is able to fully control it to his own accord.
- For his titles:
- The change from Dark Lancer to Impaler makes more sense considering that his main weapon, being a Javelin are mainly used for throwing.
- His Korean First Awakening is called Rampager and this would be given to Male Brawler over in Global to differentiate to the two.
- Abaddon is the Hebrew word for Destruction and could be seen as a bottomless pit, often appearing alongside the Underworld, Sheol.
- Erebus is a primordial deity representing the personification of darkness in Greek Mythology.
- For his skills:
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|