|Alternate Names||Shadow Dancer|
|Specialized Armor||Leather Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Physical |
Damage Type: Percent
Subclass Difficulty: Expert
|Inflict Status Effect?||None|
|Alternate Names||Korean: 나이트메어|
|Alternate Names||Grim Reaper|
Neo: Shadow Dancer
Korean: 진(眞) 섀도우댄서
|“||Your fate is already confined in her grasp.||”|
We do not use words such as fate and destiny to embellish our lives in the shadows.
We never claim to be as beautiful as primroses blooming in the deepest hour of the night.
We know better than anyone else that our hands are bloody, filthy with sin and malice.
But do not forget. You called to us, and you created us.
Those who do not admit to their sins will be strangled by their own karma. We will watch you from the shadows until your light finally fades away.
The Shadow Dancer is an assassin that kills her target in a brutal and cutthroat manner. A master of stealth, the Shadow Dancer sneaks up on enemies and delivers fatal damage without ever being seen. Unlike other classes, the Shadow Dancer's damage is most efficient and fatal when she strikes behind the enemy's back as each back attack is rendered far more effective and deadly than the average class.
- At level 50, the Shadow Dancer awakens as a Nightmare. At level 75, the Nightmare awakens as a Grim Reaper
- Her subclass cosmetic effect is a red glint in her eyes, and her shadow duplicating this action when she catches her weapon.
- Her 2nd awakening cosmetic effect adds stealthy black smoke fuming around her.
- 1 Becoming a Shadow Dancer
- 2 Awakening as a Nightmare
- 3 Awakening as a Grim Reaper
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Shadow Dancer
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Shadow Dancer Basics
- 9 Media Content
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Trivia
Becoming a Shadow Dancer
I won’t call my life of hiding in darkness
fate or destiny or make it
sound any nicer than it is.
I won’t say it’s beautiful like the primrose
that blooms at midnight.
We know ourselves best. Our hands are already stained in blood,
and our scars run deep from the burden of our sins.
But do not forget.
You are the ones who called for us.
You are the ones who created us.
Those who do not acknowledge their sins
will suffocate in their own karma.
We will watch from the shadows
and see how long you will remain in the light.
- Words from a nameless Shadow Dancer
The Thief must first reach level 15.
Awakening as a Nightmare
"On the morning after ‘Dairserk’s Birthday’, only death remained in the Banquet Hall which was once filled with boisterous celebration.
This is the account of the only survivor of ‘Dairserk’s Last Banquet’ which is considered to be the worst massacre perpetrated by the Assassin Guild known as the “Masquerade”. All of the 104 guests of the banquet including the host Dairserk of the Dark Elves were brutally murdered.
The guests were skilled warriors and mages that gathered to celebrate the birthday of Dairserk. The banquet was held in a quiet villa which was a little way away from Underfoot. The security was heavy and only those with an invitation can enter. When the party was peaking at midnight, a wandering poet Chaebill coincidently found the villa. When he met with Dairserk, he mentioned the protection of Wanderer’s Star and asks to stay over for the night.
Dairserk who was quite intoxicated at the time, gladly accepted his request. Chaebill was guided to his room and fell into a deep sleep. He could have never imagined that he would be the only survivor of the gruesome event that was about to occur. All the guests, except for him turned into a cold corpse overnight. The incident sent shockwaves not only to the Dark Elves Society but to the entirety of Arad. It was the beginning of the nightmare called the Masquerade.
Having been the only survivor of the massacre, Chaebil was accused by many of conspiring with the perpetrators. The poor poet would live his entire life trying to prove his innocence which he ended in resentment. His innocence would only be proven after his death.
The atrocities caused by the Masquerade would become infamous throughout history. Even when it has been rumored that the famed assassin’s guild has already disbanded, the mere whisper of their name would bring fear into the hearts and minds of anyone who would hear it. To be a target of the Masquerade would mean certain death.
To sleep may mean eternal slumber, no one was safe. This is the reason why the assassins of the Masquerade are called Nightmares.
The Shadow Dancer must first reach level 50.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Shadow Dancer must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Minet in the Hendon Myre Back Alley.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 10 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as a Grim Reaper
|“||Fate crueller than Death
The unavoidable grasp of the reapers.
(Omitted)... They are more skilled than any assassin but their methods are often far too cruel.
Although they say it's only work, it makes one wonder if they are simply putting on a show.
No one can question effectiveness of their methods. In truth, the more violent the method, the more they are hired.
Many nobles are already in deep contact with them. They hire them in order to kill their enemies or to achieve certain goals.
It doesn’t matter how many stands in their way. No matter how skilled they are, they will be found dead covered in a pool of blood.
The situation has become far too dangerous. We have no way to defend ourselves from their daggers that strikes from the shadows. The only reason our kingdom is still intact is because they are satisfied with their current position.
But what if they forget who they are and turn on us? We have to avoid this at all cost.
If you are still hesitant, please remember the death of Dairserk.
He was a talented and famous magician. But what happened to him? He was murdered by those who once faithfully served him. Even Dairserk, who treated them fairly met a cruel death. Are you just going to look idly while they discover more of our secrets?
Send out a declaration to all of the Kingdoms and have all adventurers and armies capture them. We must completely get rid of them in order to avoid any further disaster.
However, we should only punish the Grim Reapers and not question the actions of their employers.
This is the only way to bring out the Grim Reapers who hides deep within the veil.... (Omitted)
- Excerpt from a unknown letter
The Nightmare must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 25 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 40 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Shadow Dancer
“But does that ‘Black Flash’ really exist?”
Usually requests would’ve been done over correspondence,
But it all started from listening to his plea that this request was of utmost importance and it had to happen verbally.
At the client’s annoying and pathetic question she answered with silence.
Out of awkwardness or intimidation of the intense aura from her,
The client merely lowered his head nervously.
Deciding that she’d heard all she needed she stood up without a word.
The client, who perhaps didn’t really expect an answer, seemed to have sneaked away as well, carefully watching his surroundings.
Walking with the hood covering her head she became deep in her thoughts as she stared at her own black shadow drooping under her feet.
Does the ‘Black Flash’ really exist… what a meaningless question.
She had once asked the same question when she first set foot onto this world.
But the ‘Black Flash’ exists and yet does not.
Amongst the Shadow Dancers some called their shadows Black Flash
And after she met the one known as the Omniblade she came face to face with her own shadow and learned another fact.
Sometimes the Black Flash can be anyone or anything, even the world itself.
The Grim Reaper must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Rear Ambush: reduced to 30SP
- Veiled Attack: reduced to 45SP
- Chain Reaction: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Killing Shadow.
Learns new skills:
- Complete the True Awakening 2 Quest line.
Shadow Dancer Skills
Shadow Dancer TP Skills
Shadow Dancer Awakening Skills
Shadow Dancer 2nd Awakening Skills
Shadow Dancer Neo: Awakening Skills
Original Class Skills
Thief TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
Shadow Dancer Basics
- Because of her reliance on dealing back attacks, Shadow Cut, Shadow Trip, Eraser, Shining Cut Shadow Decoy or Blade Cyclone are good ways to start combos since they allow the Shadow Dancer to reach her enemies' backs more easily.
- As a general rule of thumb, any skills that hit multiple enemies will apply their back-attack effect to all enemies so long as at least one of the enemies hit is back-attacked.
- (I.e. If at least one enemy was attacked from behind Heart Thrust's extended hitstun will apply to everyone hit, regardless of which direction they faced.)
- The Shadow Dancer's theme and motif are borrowed from Assassins that are often seen in popular media known for using familiar abilities.
- She also share a assassin motif with the Secret Agent, but prefers to harass her opponents instead.
- Her buff skills shares the same name of a Level 85 Leather Armor set.
- Both of the Shadow Dancer's Nightmare & Grim Reaper titles seems to take on a fear-themed motif.
- Shadow Trip - Moriya Minakata's Sash Blade Moonwalk technique.
- Killing Shadow - Melty Blood's Mystic Eyes of Death Perception used by the Shiki characters.
- Dagger Throw - Shiki Nanaya's Extreme Death: Seven Nights Last Arc.
- Chain Reaction - Based upon a strangulation technique used by a character named Yuji from Hissatsu: Sure Death.
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|