This is the glossary for common DFO terms.
- 1 #
- 2 A
- 3 B
- 4 C
- 5 D
- 6 E
- 7 F
- 8 G
- 9 H
- 10 I
- 11 J
- 12 K
- 13 L
- 14 M
- 15 N
- 16 O
- 17 P
- 18 Q
- 19 R
- 20 S
- 21 T
- 22 U
- 23 V
- 24 W
- 25 X
- 26 Y
- 27 Z
Numbers as Commands
- 24z, 48z, etc.: common terms for arrow key presses in certain directions and then a key. The numbers correspond to the arrows on the number pad.
- For example, 26z means down, right, z; 48z means left, up, z.
- 5 is neutral (no arrow key presses).
- 1, 3, 7, and 9 correlate to diagonal directions, meaning pressing two keys at the same time.
- Shortened term for First Awakening.
- A catch-all term referring to the player's level 50 First Awakening skill.
- Shortened term for Second Awakening.
- A catch-all term referring to the player's level 75 Second Awakening skill.
- An alternate term for Neo: Awakening.
- A catch-all term referring to the player's level 100 Neo: Awakening skill.
- An abbreviation for "Area of Effect", referring to the zone around a character affected by their spells, powers or other abilities.
- An abbreviation of Apocalypse, the Male Crusader's First Awakening skill.
- A catch-all term for all Buffer's First Awakening skill, which can provide party members besides the Buffer an increase in stats.
Atk. (Attack Strength)
- An in-game term used to refer to the series of stats consisting of Physical Atk., Magical Atk., and Independent Atk..
- A title given to the Japanese version of Dungeon Fighter Online.
- It can also refer to a anime adaptation known as Arad Senki: Slap up Party.
- A Level 105 Epic Equipment setup that's named after the Protoss from Starcraft, as it focuses on increased offenses and the player's MP pool functions like a shield to let them withstand incoming damage, but their actual maximum HP is reduced down to 1% as the trade-off. A detailed guide on the Archon setup can be found here.
- Colloquial term for Attack Speed.
- An abbreviation for "Best-in-Slot." This refers to either specific pieces of Equipment or Enchants that's considered highly recommended for all available classes.
- A more extended abbreviation for Battle Mage.
- The westernmost tip of Pandemonium and one of the latter's three major regions. Before Pandemonium broke away from planet Terra, it was the center of a thriving civilization and culture. Today, its skyline consists of grotesque buildings and streets in complete disrepair. Located to the west is Bloomingdale's, inhabited by a small community of those who escaped from the Apostles, and to the east Union Square.
- A common abbreviation for Battle Crusader. In this case, a Male Crusader who has learned Holy Ghost Mace and chose a more offensive gameplay.
- A common term referring to beneficial passive effects. Buffs can be applied through various means including spells, potions, equipment, and summons.
- A class role that manages the full time support of a party by providing a variety of buffs. Unlike the buffs of other classes, these will have an expiration date. The Crusaders and the Enchantress are Buffers.
- A abbreviation used for the Chinese version of Dungeon Fighter Online.
- A abbreviation used for either Cooldown Reduction or Cooldown Recovery.
- Chasers are a unique form of magic used by the Battle Mage. As the Battle Mage uses different attack combos, Chasers are summoned around her. Chasers give buffs and are also able to be used to attack opponents. Chasers come in five forms: Neutral, Light, Shadow, Fire, and Water. A newer form of Chaser known as the Evolution Chaser exists, and are used by Battle Magi who underwent their second awakening as an Astarte.
- A abbreviation used for Culmination weapons, a type of level 105 Epic weapon. (I.E. Staff of Culmination - Elementalist)
- A common abbreviation for Demon Challenges. Can be exchanged for Demon Invitations to access Hell Mode.
- Also an abbreviation for disconnect, as in you have disconnected from the server.
- A abbreviation for the Zelva Advanced Dungeon, Destroyed Castle of the Dead.
- The term used for the Metastasis during Nexon NA's localization of Dungeon Fighter Online
- The common abbreviation for Dungeon Fighter Online, the Western title for Dungeon and Fighter.
- A special Epic equipment item received from quests that can take the form of and replicate the effects of any Lv 100 Epic Armor, Accessory, or Special Equipment of the same type. Like other Lv 100 equipment, these items can receive Engraving and Inheritance, but can also be transformed into other Epics at any time via their respective NPCs, Knight Robato's Dark Soul Converter, Grandis Gracia's Forge of Light and Holy Grail of Purification's The Golden Confessional.
These items cannot be traded, transcended, or disassembled. Currently three of these items are obtainable in game via the quests [Sanctum of Resurrection] Put Them to Rest, [Sirocco Raid] Scattered Petals and [Ozma Raid] Wailing Chaos.
The term is based on the eponymous Ditto from the Pokemon series which is known for replicating the appearance and abilities of whatever it copies.
- The abbreviation for Dungeon and Fighter, the original Korean version of Dungeon Fighter Online.
- A common abbreviation for Dark Knight.
- A common abbreviation for Dragon Knight.
- A shorten and common term for "Damage per second" that's used to describe the rate of damage inflicted over time.
- A common abbreviation for Dark Templar.
- A common abbreviation for Demon Slayer.
- A common abbreviation for Dark Templar.
- A common abbreviation for Dimension Walker.
- A common abbreviation for Elemental Bomber.
- A common abbreviation for Elven Knight.
- A common abbreviation for Elementalist.
- An abbreviation for Elemental Short Sword Mastery.
- A common abbreviation for the defunct Exorcism Parameter.
- A common abbreviation for Exorcist. P.Exo stands for Physical Exorcist, specializing in physical attacks such as Chaos Hammer and Spinning Cross, while M.Exo stands for Magical Exorcist, specializing in magical attacks such as Shikigami Legion and Lightning Amulet.
- A shortened abbreviation for Exile Mountains.
A common abbreviation for Adventurer Fame.
See also Buffer.
- A common abbreviation for Full Support, usually referring to a Male Crusader's skill build being completely support-based.
- A shortened name for the NPC Gabriel.
- Stands for Grand Blue Lore. It is a group that follows the ideals of their founder, Leslie Bagrans, who traveled on the back of the Behemoth to study/attain ultimate knowledge. They built a temple on the back of the Behemoth so that any scholars interested in joining Leslie in enlightenment could do so. After Leslie passed away, the GBL was formally created by the other scholars. The group that is incredibly devoted, going so far as to creating their own armory filled with cannons, attack blimps, and other assorted weaponry. Recently, part of the group has come under the control of Lotus, whose true motives are yet unknown. In Mirror Arad Ophelia Bagrans is the current leader of the GBL, with Isadora as their librarian and Vangelis as their assault captain. See GBL for info on dungeon enemies.
- A common abbreviation for Glacial Master
- A common abbreviation for Blade Master's 1st Awakening name, Grand Master.
- A abbreviation for Guild Master, the highest rank of the guild/ownership of the guild/commander-in-chief of the guild.
- A abbreviation for Guild Officer, the second highest rank of the guild/Guild Master's assistant/second-in-commander of the guild.
- A shorten abbreviation for Graduation, this refers to a character who has been fully equipped with gear they've achieved through the game's available content.
- An event caused by Carloso absorbing one of his separated fragments that drastically altered a large part of Arad.
- The demon that lives in the arm of the Male Slayer. Can be summoned by Male Slayers (Execpt Ghostblade) to buff nearby allies with the skill Kazan. Also becomes a passive skill for Soul Benders.
- A Character known as the God of Destruction.
A common abbreviation for Korean Dungeon and Fighter.
- A common abbreviation for Kunoichi.
- A common abbreviation for Launchers. M.Lawn/Lawn Chair is Male Launcher, F.Lawn/Lawn Chair is Female Launcher.
A common abbreviation for Liberation Weapon, an upgraded series of Reqiuem Weapons through Luther during the Interdimensional Rift era. These were considered at one point, to be the best weapons during that time due to their 16% Bonus Damage against enemies.
- A Level 85 Epic Cloth set.
- A Level 105 Epic Equipment setup that has similar functions to the Level 85 armor that involves increasing a player's offenses, in exchange for high MP consumption. A detailed guide on the Mana Burn setup can be found here.
- A general term referring to when the creatures in Arad seemingly went mad and began attacking people. The Metastasis has been linked to the arrival of the Apostles in Arad from Pandemonium.
- An ocean in the sky of Arad. It's prevented from falling on Arad by a gigantic magical pentacle, seen in the background on most official artwork. Sky Tower reaches into Middle Ocean, and the Behemoth swims in/near it. Empyrean is the land that lies above the Middle Ocean.
- A abbreviation for the Advanced Dungeon, Noblesse Code.
- A common abbreviation for Necromancer.
- A source of Light-elemental magic; Nen Masters make use of this in their attacks.
- A common abbreviation for Nen Masters. F.Nen is Female Nen Master, M.Nen is Male Nen Master.
- A shortened term for Neo: Awakening.
- A common abbreviation for Otherverse. OV2 refers to Otherverse A Dungeons, OV3 refers to Otherverse B Dungeons. The numbers after OV are derived from the 2nd Chronicle and 3rd Chronicle sets that can drop in them, respectively. There is no OV1 because the 1st Chronicle sets are bought directly from Sharan, and are not dropped in any dungeons.
- A shortened abbreviation for Pandemonium War.
- A shortened abbreviation for Sirocco. Can be applicable to the Apostle, her raid or the equipment said raid contains.
- A shortened abbreviation for Random Number Generator, which many systems in the game relies on a random number to perform certain actions.
- A common abbreviation for Secret Agent.
- A common abbreviation for Crusader.
- A catch-all term for all Buffer classes, including the Enchantress.
- A common abbreviation for Soul Bender.
- A common abbreviation for Shadow Dancer.
- A common abbreviation for Sword Master.
- The abbreviation for Skill Points. SP is used for advancing the level of skills and are awarded upon leveling up.
- A common abbreviation for Summoner.
- A common abbreviation for Swift Master.
- A term used by players to denote a certain day when equipment obtained will always come with a Superior (80%+) quality.
- Prior to the 2022 Character Balance patch, Synergy was originally a class position for specific subclasses who offered various beneficial effects to party members with the help of their main buff skill that either increases attack, movement speed, defenses or debuff monsters. This role would be discontinued and later re-assigned towards players who wore Legendary/Epic Equipment from Aeterna which grants similar effects when entering dungeons.
- The previous name of the planet from which Pandemonium broke away.
- A common abbreviation for Time's Guide Stones. Can be exchanged from Time Crystals to access Guide of Wisdom.
- The abbreviation for Trait Points. TP is used for Special Skills upon reaching Level 50 and onwards.
- The term many fans used to refer to the Blade Master's overseas subclass title.
- A common abbreviation for Berserker.
- Typing the prefix "//" before certain terms will allow you to perform certain commands in the client.
- These commands can be added into the chat tab of the Hotkey menu as macros for quick and easy usage.
- //setitem will translate all dropped items towards the player's center. Can only be used once per dungeon.
- //setcharacter will translate the character back towards the portal or door they have originally entered. Applicable for whenever your character is stuck or even make a de factor dodge. Can only be used once per dungeon.