|Base Job||Demonic Lancer|
|Specialized Weapon||Long Lance|
|Specialized Armor||Light Armor|
|Class Information||Skill Type: Physical |
Damage Type: Percent
Subclass Difficulty: Expert
|Inflict Status Effect?||Negative: None |
|Alternate Names||Korean: 하이랜더 |
|Alternate Names||Korean: 진(眞) 듀얼리스트|
I met him once during the short days of autumn at an arena near the western mountains. The man displayed the sharpness of Suju and the skills of an Imperial Knight.
He overwhelmed his opponents with his strong and swift spearmanship. The audience loved it and they cheered at every victory. However, instead of being joyous of his achievements, I noticed a faint sadness in his eyes, as if he were in pain even though his opponents barely left a scratch on him.
I learned of his secret from my master. About the accursed weapon known as the Demonic Lance and the horrendous burden it inflicted upon its users in return for its incredible power. It seems the man was suppressing it and would only use it occasionally.
When I finally got a chance to speak to the man, I was surprised at the lack of viciousness or hostility coming from a person who was supposed to be cursed. He even fancied my request to show me his spearmanship skills. Needless to say, he displayed power that could be described as the height of human ability. It was breathtaking.
He left the next day and we never saw each other again.
Afterwards, I began to hear rumours of a man known as the "Skirmisher" who challenged various martial arts schools and partook in almost every arena battle. I may have no proof of this but I knew this was the man I met not long ago..
I wondered if he really did enjoy fighting or there was something else that drove him? Out of curiosity, I asked my master on his thoughts on the rumours..
"There are many ways we find fulfilment in life, whether he finds it in duelling we will never know. However, remember what you learned that day, you first met"
said my master.
I remembered his impeccable spearmanship but most of all, I remembered the curse of the "Demonic Lance" and his struggle to suppress its power.
Could this be the reason why he fights? Does he want to overcome its torturous curse? I can only guess the answer and imagine his agony.
But what I am certain of is, that I have met a true warrior.
Ignoring the corrosive power of the Demonic Lance, the Skirmisher chooses to train heavily with the lance, engaging in lightning fast attacking and combos, leaving no openings for his enemies.
- At level 50, the Skirmisher awakens as a Highlander. At level 75, the Highlander awakens as a Durandal.
- His subclass cosmetic effect is a ghostly white mirage that appears whenever he stands idle.
- His 2nd Awakening cosmetic effect puts him into a crouching stance with the white mirage appearing behind him.
- His Neo Awakening cosmetic effect has the Skirmisher and the mirage perform various swings besides each other before the mirage fading away.
- 1 Becoming a Skirmisher
- 2 Awakening as a Highlander
- 3 Awakening as a Durandal
- 4 Awakening as a Neo: Skirmisher
- 5 Obtaining Ability Intensification
- 6 Skills
- 7 Original Class Skills
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Media Content
- 10 Gallery
Becoming a Skirmisher
The Demonic Lancer must first reach level 15.
Awakening as a Highlander
The Highlanders have wandered through out Arad for almost an eternity. They have forgotten their past and do not carry anything of value.
Having been born without wealth. They have detached themselves from the material world and all its sensitivities. They bow to no one and prays to no god.
Some would say their life is meaningless but for the Highlanders, actions are more important than words or stature.
These are proud and fearless warriors who have honed their life for war and showcase their worth on the battlefield.
They are men who refuses to become a stepping stone for the glory of others and even when death is before them, they stuggle on until their very last breath.
This is the way of the Highlander.
The Skirmisher must first reach level 50.
Alternatively, if the player skips Unending Foreboding:
The Skirmisher must first reach level 50.
- Talk to Leno in the Hendon Myre Back Alley.
- Collect 1000 White Cube Fragments, 1000 Red Cube Fragments, 100 Superior Hardeners, and 100 Superior Irons.
- Defeat Agram the Witch in the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 1 Formidable Essence from the Abandoned Mine on Master or harder mode.
- Collect 10 Seals of Emperor Helm.
Awakening as a Durandal
|“||The first time I met him was at a small village in the outskirts of Suju.||”|
I heard about a man who is purchasing ancient documents at ridiculously high price regardless of it's value, so I started asking around for his whereabouts since I desperately needed the money. I met him within a few days. At that time, I didn’t have the any valuable documents nor the ability to determine the price of one, so I decided to steal a few documents that looked valuable from the library I recently began working at.
When asked his name, he just simply said ‘Durandal.’ He had a very unusual name and his appearance was that of an old person dressed in ragged clothing. There were many other things that made him looked strange but since the Great Metastasis, wierd or strange things have become more frequent. Besides the price of the book is more important to me.
“How about this? I think I can give you about this much for the 5 red books together.” He said "However, these blue books, you should put them back where you found them.”
Looks like a good start. These blue books were kept in a safe and I stole the key from my colleague while he was asleep . It was definitely worth it.
“No, no Sir. It took me 15 days to get here" I replied "There’s a reason why I’ve come all this way. Please take a look at it again.”
I exaggerated a little bit but I cannot take the books back any way. My heart was pounding from the curiosity of how much I could get from him.
“... These are extremely valuable. It would cost a tenfold of the price of the other books. I am not sure where you got these, but don't blame me for what happens afterwards,” he said.
I was elated to hear that and took the money right away . I was not concerned about the grim warning he gave me, I thought I finally caught a break. Well that break was definitely more than I bargained for.
“I... cannot run... anymore... father..”
My daughter and I was being chased by the pursuers hired by the empire. I think it’s been a week since we hid in the forest and kept on running without looking back. It’s been so long since we had any decent food or rest. I remembered the warning the buyer said to me but it’s too late now. Again, we heard the sounds of horses hoofs nearing. The Imperial Knights seems to be very uncomfortable moving around the forest. The problem was the two men in masks they hired. I've heard rumors about them, they are famous bounty hunters that have never once failed to complete their job. They either increase the people in custody or the dead in the morgue. People call them the Hounds.
By the time it was dawn, they have caught up to us. We were surrounded and had no chance of escape.
“The documents?”, demanded by one of the Hounds.
Maybe because of the mask but his voice filled the entire forest.
“I really needed money for my daughter. Please... don’t kill us..” I begged, my voice breaking in fear.
I thought of trying to talk my way out of it, but they drew out their knives and walked up to my daughter. I should have rushed in front of her to get between them but my feet wouldn't move, I was struck with fear. The eyes of my daughter was filled with terror as the Hounds prepared to kill her. I wanted to scream but couldn't, all I could do was cry in despair. Just as everything was about to end. The man I sold the documents to, suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I thought I was hallucinating until I heard him say;
“This is why I warned you...”
Instantly he attacked the Knights that were surrounding us, swiftly taking them out. They never knew what hit them. The Hounds on the otherhand reacted quickly and countered. They threw their knives at Durandal and charged at him. I took this opportunity to gather whatever strenghth or courage that I have left and grabbed my daughter to safety. I quickly turned around to see what was happening to the fight that was taking place. The Hounds were pushing Durandal back with their thrown knives and combination attacks but suddenly Durandal swung his lance creating a very powerful wind pressure that deflected all the attacks coming towards him. In an instant, the tables were turned and Durandal stood victorious in the end.
“The Empire will not stop until they get what they want, I suggest you disappear and forget about your former lives" said Durandal.
I nodded in agreement without saying a word. He handed us a note with instructions on where to go and who to meet. He strictly advised us to follow the instructions, if we wanted to survive and assured us that if we get there, we will be with friends who are against the Empire.
I never saw Durandal after that but I swore, if I ever meet him again, I will repay him for saving our lives and giving us a future that is safe from the Empire.
The Highlander must first reach level 75.
- Talk to Siran in the City of Shonan.
- Collect 25 Seal of Empress Skardi.
- Clear EX: Gold Dragon Tournament.
- Collect 40 Seal of Emperor Helm.
- Clear EX: Silver Dragon Tournament.
- Clear Tainted Time Gate.
Awakening as a Neo: Skirmisher
The Durandal must first reach level 100.
- Complete the True Awakening 1 Quest line and obtain Ability Intensification.
Obtaining Ability Intensification
Upon completing Scroll of Enlightenment the following skills have decreased SP cost:
- Mirage Stream: reduced to 30SP
- Formless Lance Technique: reduced to 45SP
- Lethal Flurry: SP reduced to 0 and auto learned like Aura Javelin.
Learns new skills:
Skirmisher TP Skills
Skirmisher Awakening Skills
Skirmisher 2nd Awakening Skills
Original Class Skills
Demonic Lancer Skills
Demonic Lancer TP Skills
General TP Skills
General Neo: Awakening Skills
General Togglable Skills
- The theme and motif behind Skirmisher are based upon the light cavalry soldiers of Ancient Warfare.
- The Skirmisher's story and class shares parallels to the Blade Master in which both characters ignore their respective demonic entities and combats it with learning how to master their weapon(s) better.
- In addition, both of the classes' first cosmetic effect involves a white illusion of some sort (I.E., Skirmisher's body mirage and Blade Master's white arm that creates afterimages whenever it moves)
- For his titles:
- He's called a Duelist overseas which would be given to Vagabond's Global First Awakening that's spelt Dualist even though they share the same meaning as this is likely done to differentiate the two.
- Highlander could likely reference the 1986 film of the same name.
- Durandal is a reference to the sword (actually referred as Durendal) of Charlemagne's paladin Roland in the literary works, The Matter of France.
- For his skills:
|Armor, Accessories, Special Equipment, and Chronicle|